. Maybe we should just call it a wedding day kit.
Ask one of your bridesmaids or friends to assemble the items for you in a tote bag that you can leave discreetly under a table at the reception so it will there on hand just in case. As a wedding planner I also have my own emergency kit which contains most of the items too – but as planner I am not always available when something is needed. So I would also advise the bridal party to put one together.
Things to include:
– Mini sewing kit (With small scissors best)
– Scotch tape
– Hem tape
– Smelling salts (in the heat of the tropics this is a good idea to have on hand)
– Spot remover
– Static-cling spray
– White Chalk (to cover up any smudges on your wedding dress)
– Eye drops
– Dental floss
– Clear nail varnish
– Ponytail bands – to put up your hair during reception – it can get hot
– Extra earring backs
There are probably other items you can wish to have on hand.
And in particular for Thailand and Samui
– Mosquito repellent
– Monkey balm – to ease the itching if bitten.
– Sun block
– After sun cream
– Band aids (you never know especially if going barefoot)
Of course we hope every wedding is mishap free.